Become a Celebrate Fairfax! Festival Volunteer
Each year, more than 1,500 volunteers come together to make this event a success; we sincerely appreciate your dedication and we are looking forward to another amazing year with you!
To Register: https://2018celebratefairfaxvol.my-trs.com/
Volunteering with a Group of 5 or More:
Please note: Group slots fill quickly, so please let us know a.s.a.p.
Volunteers Under Age 18:
- All volunteers must be at least 13 years and older.
- All volunteers must sign a volunteer waiver which is located on our volunteer registration website
All volunteers are asked to commit to at least one 3-4 hours shift and receive:
- Free access into the festival on the day of the volunteer shift (early admission into the Festival prior to volunteer shift is not permitted)
- A Celebrate Fairfax! Festival T-shirt
- Snacks and beverages in at our Volunteer Hospitality tent
- Entry into our Volunteer Incentive Raffle with a chance to win gift certificates to restaurants and local businesses and other great prizes.
- Credits/hours for high school community service programs
- An amazing networking opportunity and a fun, rewarding experience!
Volunteer Handbook & Information:
2018 Volunteer Map:
2018 Celebrate Fairfax! Volunteer Raffle:
The following companies listed below have graciously donated prizes for our Volunteer Incentives raffle.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I enter the event before my volunteer shift?
Our policy has always been that we cannot allow this (unfortunately), but we have made exceptions over the years. This year, sadly, we have been forced to disallow this completely. The reason is, and this may come as a surprise to you, but approximately 10-15% of the people who sign up to volunteer and check-in, fail to even make it to their volunteer locations. These volunteers have abused our generosity and this has affected our ability to safely operate our event. We have wanted to provide you, our volunteers, with this privilege, but cannot do so this year. I would add that if you volunteer on the last shift on Friday or Saturday that you get a free ticket to come back on a later day as a guest. For those who work on Sunday’s last shift, when we cannot provide a ticket to come back, we will enter your name twice in our volunteer prize raffle. Thank you for your understanding for why we must enforce this policy!
- I need to cancel or change my shift. Should I call or e-mail Ashley Morris or Christine Romero to make the adjustment to my schedule?
Nope, you do not need to inform us about your schedule change. You can log back into your account and make the change yourself. Due to the high volume of calls and e-mails we receive as the event gets closer, we are unable to respond quickly to help make that adjustment. We will be able to see the change online and if we notice a problem with your account then we will contact you.
- The weather forecast said there is a chance of rain during the festival. Should I still come?
YES, PLEASE! We are a rain or shine event so please dress accordingly. We hope that the weather will be beautiful all weekend but you just never know. The event will stay open and operate as normal even if there’s some rain in the forecast.
- Do you provide a meal for volunteers that are working multiple shifts?
Unfortunately, we cannot provide full meals for our volunteers. We do give each volunteer a snack/beverage coupon for each 3-4 hour shift. The snack items consist of chips, granola bars, and cookies. If you think you will be hungry during your 3-4 hour shift, please eat before you arrive or grab something quick during your 15 minute break in one of our food courts.