Press Application & Contact Information
- To apply for a MEDIA or PHOTO pass, please complete our Official Application Form
- For press/editorial inquires, contact: Carol Nahorniak at 703-476-9377
- For additional questions, contact: Trinity Yansick at 703-324-5457
2018 Festival News
- 2018 Press Release
- Washington Post – 18 of the week’s best photos
- Fairfax Connection
- OnTap Magazine: 2017 Celebrate Fairfax
- WJLA: 2017 Celebrate Fairfax
- Fairfax County Times: 2017 Celebrate Fairfax
- LocalDMV.com: 2017 Celebrate Fairfax
- Federal News Radio: 2017 Celebrate Fairfax
- ABC7 WJLA: 2017 Celebrate Fairfax
- Fairfax Connection: 2017 Celebrate Fairfax
- Fairfax Station Connection – Pg. 11: 2016 Celebrate Fairfax
- NBC4 Report: 2014 Celebrate Fairfax
- Washington Post Local: 2012 Celebrate Fairfax
Festival Promo Photos
|The Shupp Family enjoys their time in the Petting Zoo.||.jpg|
|Giant Wheel at Night||.jpg|
|Herr Metal performs the late night show on the Cox Rocks! Stage.||.jpg|
|Black and White Swings||.jpg|
|Performers from 2010’s ArtsFairfax.org Stage||.jpg|
|View from below of the Crazy Mouse rollercoaster||.jpg|
|Win a prize every time!||.jpg|
|Ferris Wheel at night||.jpg|
|Come and satisfy your sweet tooth at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival.||.jpg|
|Relax aboard the Trackless Train and enjoy the view as you tour all that Celebrate Fairfax! has in store for your family.||.jpg|
|Monkey enjoys Sidewalk Sundae ice cream cone at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival.||.jpg|
The following photos courtesy of Art Cole Photography
|Performers Cletus and Lori help kick-off the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival||.jpg | .gif|
|Celebrate Fairfax!’s crafts market offers something for every shopper.||.jpg | .gif|
|Lights, Camera, Action! Its time to Celebrate Fairfax!||.jpg | .gif|
|Make a few new (fuzzy!) friends at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival’s petting zoo.||.jpg | .gif|
|The Great American Wheel lights up the night sky at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival.||.jpg | .gif|
|Excitement and enthusiasm fills the Bud Light Main Stage crowd at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival.||.jpg | .gif|
2017 Celebrate Fairfax! Festival Videos
|2017 Festival Commercial
||Video Produced by Channel 16|
| 2017 Karaoke Video
2019 Celebrate Fairfax! Festival – Information
|DATES:||Friday-Sunday, June 7-9, 2019|
|TIMES:||Friday, June 7 – 6 p.m. – midnight
Saturday, June 8 – 10 a.m. – midnight
Sunday, June 9 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
|LOCATION:||Celebrate Fairfax! is located in the heart of Fairfax County on the grounds of the beautiful Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035.|
|FEATURES:||25 acres of live concerts, family programs, fun activities, thrilling carnival rides and nightly fireworks! Details below.|
|PRESENTED BY:||Celebrate Fairfax, Inc., the 501(c)3 non-profit organization who produces the festival as part of its mission to “Celebrate Fairfax County and its Communities!”|
FESTIVAL & ORGANIZATION LOGOS:
Event logos may only be used with permission of CFI. Please contact Meagan Butkus at 703-324-5457 to request permission.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- On the web: www.celebratefairfax.com
- By phone: 703.324.3247; Toll Free: 800.880.6629
- Email: email@example.com
2018 FESTIVAL OVERVIEW:
- 7 stages of entertainment, including:
- This year’s Bud Light Main Stage headliners – Good Charlotte, Sugar Ray, Gin Blossoms & Cracker
- Fairfax County Karaoke Championship finals and semi-finals on the Fairfax Corner Community Stage.
- More than 120 other concerts and live performances on the Cox Rocks! Stage, Devil’s Backbone Live!, Fairfax Corner Community Stage, Inova Children’s Hospital Family Stage, The Vintage, and The Garden.
- 300+ retail, community exhibits and vendors, and great tastes from more than 40 food vendors!
- The spectacular Leidos Fireworks show at dark on Friday & Saturday, and more than 40 thrilling rides in the Amusements of America Carnival and KidWay MidWay – rides for our littlest of guests!
- Some festival highlights include the return of the Fairfax County DockDogs Championship, the Emerging Artist Showcase, pony rides and the very popular Silent Disco.
- Fantastic family programming in Innovation Health Children’s Avenue, including a petting zoo, interactive activities, kids inflatable, instrument petting zoo, Fairfax Express Trackless Train Ride, junior firefighter obstacle course, kids crafts, an expanded public safety display, and much more — free with festival admission!
2018 POPULAR PROGRAMS & ATTRACTIONS:
- The Sunday Brew – The newest addition to Celebrate Fairfax!, the Sunday Brew is a pop-up beer festival which will feature 12 local and regional breweries, each with up to 4 types of craft beer. Located in the Bud Light Main Stage viewing area, the Sunday Brew will also include 2 stages of non-stop entertainment, beer-focused activities and exhibitors. All festival attendees are welcome to enjoy the music and activities, however, only those attendees that purchased the Sunday Brew ticket will be able to taste the craft brews. Tickets are limited!
- The Garden & Silent Disco – Features craft brews and dueling DJs in a club-like atmosphere. Three DJ’s spin the crowd into frenzy and the only way you can hear it is with specifically tailored, wireless headphones. At our silent disco, rather than using a traditional speaker system, live music is broadcasted and picked up by specially designed wireless headphones worn by the audience. Each headphone has two channels, one for each DJ, and the audience can switch back and forth between the two channels depending on what music they want to dance to. Three DJs, three different types of music. Those without the headphones hear no music, giving the amusing effect of a room full of people dancing to silence. Entertainment for everyone! New this year – the Silent Band.
- PSISTORM CUP VI esports Arena – For the first appearance of PSISTORM Cup VI at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival, the focus will be on creating the ultimate fan experience throughout the 3-day event. The esports Arena will feature “Open Play” all weekend and a 2-day StarCraft II Tournament. Each day there will also be tournaments for Madden, FIFA, Smash Brothers and more!
- The AT&T Hub – With so many things to see and do, this new program area at Celebrate Fairfax!, is the perfect place to relax and unwind during the festival weekend. Enjoy tastings of local Virginia wines and mead in the Taste of Virginia Tent, giant lawn games, a lounge area and entertainment on the Wegmans Vintage.
- Fairfax County DockDogs Championship – The world’s premier canine aquatics competition is returning to Fairfax! DockDogs is a national dog jumping competition that will feature four-legged athletes from around the region. Three competitions combine to make one action packed family oriented show. Dogs compete in Big Air (long jump), Extreme Vertical (high jump), and Speed Retrieve by jumping off of a 20 foot dock into a 40 foot pool of water. The overall best competitor wins the Iron Dog. Dock jumping is a fun and exciting canine sport open to all breeds.
- Inova Children’s Hospital Avenue – Located at the heart of the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival, is a playground of interactive activities for the youngest of our guests. With a primary focus for those 12 and under, Inova Children’s Hospital Avenue is a not-to-miss destination for all young families. Programs have a basis in education, fun, and imagination. All activities are interactive, and include a petting zoo, Children’s stage, Fairfax Express Trackless Train Ride, Robotics Pavilion, Wiggle Car Village, and an expanded Public Safety Display featuring fire trucks! All programs and activities in Inova Children’s Hospital Avenue are FREE with festival admission.
- Fairfax County Karaoke Championship – Think you have what it takes to be the Karaoke Champion of Fairfax County? Well now is your chance! The Celebrate Fairfax! Festival is proud to present the sixth annual Fairfax County Karaoke Championship. The competition will consist of three rounds: preliminary rounds starting March 17th at various local venues (see www.celebratefairfax.com for a full list), semi-final and final rounds — both at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival on Saturday June 9th. One winner will be named Fairfax County Karaoke Champion and will receive the grand prize of $1,500.
- Celebrate Fairfax! 5k – Double the fun when you take on this 5k and festival experience. Run the Celebrate Fairfax 5k, and then continue the good times at the outrageously popular Celebrate Fairfax! Festival. It’s all happening at the Fairfax County Government Center on Sunday, June 10th. 5k will start at 8:00 a.m. and the free tot dash will begin at 9:00. Pre-registered runners will receive a 2018 Celebrate Fairfax! technical race T-shirts and two free tickets good for Sunday admission to Celebrate Fairfax. The Celebrate Fairfax Education Fund operated through the Community Foundation of Northern Virginia is the beneficiary for the Celebrate Fairfax 5k.
- The Celebrate Fairfax! Festival is Northern Virginia’s largest community-wide event.
- Produced by Celebrate Fairfax, Inc, the annual festival hosts tens of thousands of visitors during the three-day run.
- Nightly fireworks, presented by Leidos, are a highlight of the festival, and one of many great family programs.
- 25 acres of fun with thrilling rides, fireworks, 120 live performances on seven stages, and hundreds of exhibits and activities – all included with admission!
- More than 300 exhibitors, food vendors, crafters and interactive activities
To view any .pdf files, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
To download it for free, click here.