Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. delivers all press releases in electronic format and posts them here for review at any time. If you would like to be added to the list or have questions about the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival or Celebrate Fairfax, Inc., please contact:
Vice President & Managing Director
|Lords and Ladies Fairfax Honorees to be Saluted by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors (May 31, 2016)|
|About Celebrate Fairfax Press Release (March 15, 2016)|
|2016 Scholarship Program Announced for Fairfax County High School Seniors (Dec 14, 2015)|
|Fairfax Station Connection 2016 – Pg. 11 – Celebrating Spring In The Area (2016)|
|NBC4 Report 2014 – Celebrate Fairfax Isn’t Your Typical Fair (2014)|
|NBC4 Report 2014 – Join NBC4 and Storm Team4 at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival (2014)|
|NBC4 – Rock The Look: Where Fashion Meets Business (2012)|
|Washington Post Local – Fairfax County Volunteer Opportunities (April 18, 2012)|
Main Stage Headliner Photos
|Friday, June 10th at 8:00pm – Plain White T’s||.jpg|
|Saturday, June 11th at 8:00pm – The B-52s||.jpg|
|Sunday, June 12th at 4:30pm – Living Colour||.jpg|
|The Shupp Family enjoys their time in the Petting Zoo.||.jpg|
|Giant Wheel at Night||.jpg|
|Herr Metal performs the late night show on the Cox Rocks! Stage.||.jpg|
|Black and White Swings||.jpg|
|Performers from 2010’s ArtsFairfax.org Stage||.jpg|
|View from below of the Crazy Mouse rollercoaster||.jpg|
|Win a prize every time!||.jpg|
|Ferris Wheel at night||.jpg|
|Come and satisfy your sweet tooth at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival.||.jpg|
|Relax aboard the Inova Trackelss Train and enjoy the view as you tour all that Celebrate Fairfax! has in store for your family.||.jpg|
|Monkey enjoys Sidewalk Sundae ice cream cone at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival.||.jpg|
The following photos courtesy of Art Cole Photography
|Performers Cletus and Lori help kick-off the CelebrateFairfax! Festival at the Acoustic Music Cafe.||.jpg | .gif|
|Celebrate Fairfax!’s crafts market offers something for every shopper.||.jpg | .gif|
|Lights, Camera, Action! Its time to Celebrate Fairfax!||.jpg | .gif|
|Make a few new (fuzzy!) friends at the Celebrate Fairfax!Festival’s petting zoo.||.jpg | .gif|
|The Great American Wheel lights up the night sky at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival.||.jpg | .gif|
|Excitement and enthusiasm fills the BudLight Main Stage crowd at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival.||.jpg | .gif|
Additional photos can be downloaded for promotional purposes from our DropBox account:
Promo Photos For the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival
|Event logos may only be used with permission of CFI. Please contact Meagan Butkus at 703-324-5457 to request permission.||DOWNLOAD|
|Celebrate Fairfax! Festival Logo 2016||.png|
|Celebrate Fairfax! Festival Logo||.png | .jpg|
|Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. Logo||.gif|
Celebrate Fairfax! Festival Videos 2016
|2016 Festival Commercial||
Video Produced by Channel 16
|2016 Commercial from NBC4|
|DATES:||Friday-Sunday, June 10-12, 2016|
|TIMES:||Friday, June 10 – 6 p.m. – midnight
Saturday, June 11 – 10 a.m. – midnight
Sunday, June 12 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
|LOCATION:||Celebrate Fairfax! is located in the heart of Fairfax County on the grounds of the beautiful Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035.|
|FEATURES:||25 acres of live concerts, family programs, fun activities, thrilling carnival rides and nightly fireworks! Details below.|
|PRESENTED BY:||Celebrate Fairfax, Inc., the 501(c)3 non-profit organization who produces the festival as part of its mission to “Celebrate Fairfax County and its Communities!”|
PROGRAMS, CONCERTS & ATTRACTIONS:
- Eight stages of entertainment, including:
- This year’s Bud Light Main Stage headliners – Plain White T’s, The B-52s and Living Colour.
- Fairfax County Karaoke Championship finals and semi-finals on the Fairfax Corner Music & Dance Stage.
- More than 130 other concerts and live performances on the Cox Rocks! Stage, ShockTop Rock, Fairfax Corner Community Stage, Inova Children’s Hospital Family Stage, Wegmans Uncorked, The Vintage, and The Garden.
- 300+ retail, community exhibits and vendors, and great tastes from more than 40 food vendors!
- The spectacular Leidos Fireworks show at dark on Friday & Saturday, and more than 40 thrilling rides in the Amusements of America Carnival and KidWay MidWay – rides for our littlest of guests!
- Some festival highlights include the return of the Fairfax County DockDogs Championship, the Emerging Artist Showcase, pony rides and the very popular Silent Disco.
- Fantastic family programming in Innovation Health Children’s Avenue, including a petting zoo, interactive activities, kids inflatable, instrument petting zoo, Fairfax Express Trackless Train Ride, junior firefighter obstacle course, kids crafts, an expanded public safety display, and much more — free with festival admission!
- On the web: www.celebratefairfax.com
- By phone: 703.324.FAIR (3247); Toll Free: 800.880.6629
Talking Points for Celebrate Fairfax! Festival
- Event: The 35th Annual Celebrate Fairfax! Festival
- Dates: June 10th – 12th, 2016
- Location: Fairfax County Government Center
- Tagline: Summer Starts Here!
- Theme: Vacation in your own backyard!
- Tickets: At the gate: $15 adult (13 & Older); $5 youth (3-12); 2 & Under Free; $10 Seniors & Active and Retired Military with ID. Discounted tickets can be purchased in advance at www.CelebrateFairfax.com.
- Website: www.CelebrateFairfax.com
Performances on the Bud Light Main Stage include:
- Friday, June 10th at 8:00pm – Plain White T’s
- Saturday, June 11th at 8:00pm – The B-52s
- Sunday, June 12th at 4:30pm – Living Colour
- The Garden – Features dueling DJs in a club-like atmosphere (Silent Disco). Three DJ’s spin the crowd into frenzy and the only way you can hear it is with specifically tailored, wireless headphones. At our silent disco, rather than using a traditional speaker system, live music is broadcasted and picked up by specially designed wireless headphones worn by the audience. Each headphone has three channels, one for each DJ, and the audience can switch back and forth between the two channels depending on what music they want to dance to. Three DJs, three different types of music! Those without the headphones hear no music, giving the amusing effect of a room full of people dancing to silence. Entertainment for everyone!
- Fairfax County DockDogs Championship – The world’s premier canine aquatics competition is returning to Fairfax! DockDogs is a national dog jumping competition that will feature four-legged athletes from around the region. Three competitions combine to make one action packed family oriented show. Dogs compete in Big Air (long jump), Extreme Vertical (high jump), and Speed Retrieve by jumping off of a 20 foot dock into a 40 foot pool of water. The overall best competitor wins the Iron Dog. Dock jumping is a fun and exciting canine sport open to all breeds.
- Innovation Health Children’s Avenue – Located at the heart of the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival, is a playground of interactive activities for the youngest of our guests. With a primary focus for those 12 and under, Innovation Health Children’s Avenue is a not-to-miss destination for all young families. Programs in Innovation Health Children’s Avenue have a basis in education, fun, and imagination. All activities are interactive, and include a petting zoo, Inova Children’s Hospital Family Stage, Fairfax Express Trackless Train, Wiggle Car Village and an Instrument Petting Zoo. All programs and activities in Innovation Health Children’s Avenue are FREE with festival admission.
- Fairfax County Karaoke Championship – Think you have what it takes to be the Karaoke Champion of Fairfax County? Well now is your chance! The Celebrate Fairfax! Festival is proud to present the eighth annual Fairfax County Karaoke Championship. The competition will consist of three rounds: preliminary rounds starting March 16th at various local venues (see http://www.associatedconsultants.net/7.html for a full list), semi-final and final rounds — both at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival on Saturday June 10th. One winner will be named Fairfax County Karaoke Champion and will receive the grand prize of $1,500.
- The Celebrate Fairfax! Festival is Northern Virginia’s largest community-wide event.
- Presented by Celebrate Fairfax, Inc, the annual festival hosts tens of thousands of visitors during the three-day run.
- Nightly fireworks, presented by Leidos, are a highlight of the festival, and one of many great family programs.
- 25 acres of fun with thrilling rides, fireworks, 130 live performances on eight stages, and hundreds of exhibits and activities – all included with admission!
- More than 300 exhibitors, food vendors and interactive activities
- For more information on any of the festival’s programs, or to become a part of the festival as a volunteer, please browse our website, www.celebratefairfax.com, or contact the Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. office at 703-324-FAIR (3247).
To view any .pdf files, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
To download it for free, click here.