Located in the AT&T Hub, the Emerging Artist Showcase is designed in an effort to cultivate and showcase our young local artists. This program creates a cost-free way for emerging artists to experience the opportunity of showing and selling artwork at a festival.
Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 11:59pm
Criteria & Eligibility Requirements:
Artists must provide the following items to participate:
- Be a Fairfax County public high school or currently enrolled full-time college undergraduate with permanent residence in Fairfax County.
- Submit via the application website five samples of their original artwork, and own the copyright to all artwork submitted. Students must provide CFI the right to use provided images for the promotion and publicity of the Emerging Artist Program.
- Must not have earned more than $10,000 in total from previous sale of their work, nor may they have had their work on display in any non-academic gallery or exhibit.
- Exhibit their artwork in a space provided at the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival, June 8-10, during all event hours. They may have family and/or friends assist them at the event, but each scholarship recipient must be at the booth space for at least 80% of the weekend.
- Provide any cases, shelves, grid wall, or other tools for the display of their work at the event, and is strongly encouraged to lock up or securely store their work overnight.
- May set their own prices for the sale of their work, but are not required to sell their items if they choose to simply exhibit and display their work. All funds raised through the sale of student work will be 100% retained by the student with no funds due to CFI or any other party.
Awards & Recognition:
Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. will provide the following to accepted artists:
- $500 cash grants
- The opportunity to showcase their artwork at the 2018 Celebrate Fairfax! Festival
- Recognition on the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival website and social media accounts
Emerging Artist Program Timeline:
|Application Deadline:||March 1, 2018|
|Notification:||May 1, 2018|
|Set-up:||June 7, 2018 or June 8 by appointment|
|Emerging Artist Showcase Hours:||June 8, 2018 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
June 9, 2018 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
June 10, 2018 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
(No early departures are allowed)
|Take Down:||June 10, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.|
Rules & FAQ:
Funded for the Emerging Artist Scholarship Program comes solely from contributions made to the Celebrate Fairfax Education Fund and other CFI initiatives.
All other questions may directed to CFI President & CEO, Barry Feil by email at Barry.Feil@FairfaxCounty.gov
|BE INSPIRED||BE CREATIVE||BE SEEN||BE HEARD|
2014’s Emerging Artists were: